Thursday, February 7, 2013

Cleavage Control


In my first blog, I gave a sort of "how too" for thrifty shopping for the plus size girl. Now I want to take that thought and revolutionize it by telling you to, value yourself . Just because we buy cheap clothing doesn't mean we are cheap girls. I believe when it comes to how we should look at and treat ourselves, Audrey Hepburn said it best:

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.” 

As I embrace the beauty of my own plus size figure more, I find myself searching for plus-size role models, if you will, or even a like-figured girl, just so I can say, "Wow, she's beautiful!" and for that second be able to take my eyes off of what society tells me and really judge for myself what beauty is. However with every one good search I find, I find a hundred others that are confused as to what beauty really means.


I say this because, if you look at a majority of women's plus size clothing, it focuses on showing off an unfathomable amount of cleavage. Now don't get me wrong, I am all for showing off a little of the girls. But when it becomes something we feel we must do to have self worth or to be "accepted" into this society. We need to ask ourselves, "Do I really want to be accepted into this society?" These are the same people who told you, [insert old fad here] was cool, only to scorn it a few years later.



Loving ourselves, just the way we are, is a wonderful thing, but if we focus too much on the outside, we can't possibly expect another to do any different. And when it comes down to it we want to be loved for who we are and not what we have.



Just remember this ladies, Confidence is key and it never goes out of style.

 

Also, yes I know that this was originally posted much earlier, but for some reason it REALLY upset me that it was clumped together with another post ... so don't mind me I'm just having an OCD moment over here...

1 comment:

  1. Confidence is DEFINITELY the key!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Hello all, thanks for checking out my blog. Feel free to leave a comment because I love to read them!